Culinary Tour of Sydney
Immerse yourself in a culinary discovery of Sydney’s evolution as you walk along the cobble stones of the Historic Rocks precinct to the strikingly, vibrant and most contemporary neighbourhood of Barangaroo.
Kick off your discovery with a delicious pork roll which includes the crunchy crackling in the Cook House that resembles a dining room in an outback station house. With port roll in hand your guide will lead you down hidden lane ways and fill you in on all the happenings of the early 1800’s. Then it’s time for a beer or wine at Sydney’s oldest pub. Many pubs in The Rocks claim to be the oldest of something and it’s fun to discover what they are as your guild gives you a behind-the-scenes take on the city’s best kept secrets.
The tastings experience continues with your choice of an array of local craft beers beautifully paired with smoked meats, gourmet vegetables and gourmet crispy fresh seasonal salad. As we head towards the ‘riches’ you will take it up a notch with a rooftop panoramic view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge around to where we are headed, Barangaroo.
In 3 hours you will not only gain a wealth of historical knowledge, you will also unearth an abundance of fabulous local hangouts, eating and drinking in a selection of popular pubs and restaurants along the way PLUS there is gelato to finish YAY..!
If you are looking for a walking, food and history tour that immerses and defines Sydney’s lifestyle and culture then this is the tour for you.
Highlights of the Rags to Riches (culinary) tour include:
- The Rocks – birthplace of our nation,
- Rocks Discovery Museum,
- Jack Mundy,
- Foundation Park,
- The Suez Canal,
- Nurses Walk,
- Circular Quay,
- The Harbour Bridge,
- Sydney Observatory,
- The Argyle Cut,
- Millers Point,
- Walsh Bay,
On the Rags to Riches (culinary) tour, you will experience:
- Fully guided tour, with informative commentary, from our engaging and knowledgeable tour guides
- Dine in 4 carefully chosen venues serving generous portions of signature dishes
- Wander through Australia’s oldest suburb, The Rocks, and learn of its deep-rooted culinary delights
- Walk along the harbour for many spectacular photo opportunities of iconic landmarks
For the Rags to Riches (culinary) tour, please note:
- Meet in front of Phillips Foote at 12:50pm in the historic Rocks precinct – 101 George Street
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a bottle of water.
Call (02) 9879 3703 or click here to make a booking and come and explore with US..