Small Group Tour of Sydney
The Story of Sydney is a fascinating 4-hour tour told through the eyes of an enthusiastic local. If you are new to Sydney (or only here for a short visit) this experience is designed to give you the best orientation of Sydney and the inner city suburbs. The tour will also appeal to locals interested in learning more about the history of Sydney, Australia, and how it came to be.
The Story of Sydney takes you on an intimate journey through Sydney from 1788 to today. You will discover the history, lifestyle and culture of the diverse neighbourhoods .
The tour begins in Australia’s oldest suburb, The Rocks, you will explore the history and discover how the area has evolved from a penal colony to housing two of the world’s most prominent icons. Listen to intriguing stories of early European settlers, like how Governor Lachlan Macquarie and his wife, Elizabeth, changed the face of Sydney with their tremendous vision.
The story unfolds as you travel past iconic landmarks, and through many charming and vibrant neighbourhoods on route to Watsons Bay and Bondi Beach. Discover the lively street culture, entertainment and shopping opportunities of Chinatown, Darling Harbour, and Australia’s largest urban development, Barangaroo, before returning to your hotel.
Bookings are essential.
Ultimately Sydney loves when locals want to travel with them. So much so that for the next 5 months US (Ultimately Sydney) invite all Sydneysiders* to travel free when a visiting friend or relative books the Story of Sydney tour. Discover more here!
*Sydneysider to provide 2 proofs of residential address ie, driver’s license & utility bill prior to tour.
On The Story of Sydney tour, you will experience:
- Intriguing commentary that reveals interesting stories of Woolloomoloo and Kings Cross, and explores why and how Sydney/Australia has come to be
- Must-see iconic landmarks like The Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Mrs Macquarie’s Chair
- Travel through Double-Bay, for Sydney’s most exclusive shopping
- Coast through charming and hidden neighbourhoods like Paddington and Woollahra, while soaking up the ambiance of the leafy streets
- Discover how Darlinghurst went from a hill of windmills to the home of Sydney’s Mardi Gras
- Witness the vibrant street culture, entertainment and shopping in Chinatown and Barangaroo
- Relaxed short walks along stunning harbour and coastal paths at The Gap, Watsons Bay and Bondi Beach
- Plenty of photo opportunities of iconic Sydney architecture and famous landmarks along the way
For The Story of Sydney tour, please note:
- Pick up and drop off from your city hotel (or convenient city location)
- Wear comfortable shoes for other optional short walks