Large Group Tours | Special Interest Group Tours | Gourmet Food Tours Sydney
The Gourmet Icons tour is a true Sydney experience. Travel around a variety of the city’s much loved foodie hubs. Discover how international influences have transformed the local cuisine. Meet the locals behind businesses and learn of how they have become a fabric of Sydney life and culture.
Why not consider this tour to celebrate a special occasion, celebrations, anniversaries, engagements, get-together with out of town visitors, or a corporate team building event.
Traveling in a comfortable mini coach, your 4 hour discovery begins with an introduction and generous tastings at a charming Italian deli hidden in the suburbs away from the city that’s been operating successfully for over 40 years. Starting out as a very simple operation, it is now one of the most well-known and adored Italian delis in Sydney.
Traveling back to the city, we drop into a gentrified Tram shed that’s been transformed to hold a collection of fabulous restaurants, bars, cafes and so much more. Sample a selection of treats as you mingle with the locals and discover why they live where they live.
Then it’s off to explore the Sydney Fish Market for a tour and samples of a delicious variety of fresh local seafood sold at the famous on-site auction that morning. You’ll understand why locals make seafood a staple whether eating out or at home.
You can’t leave Sydney without sampling our fine locally crafted beers. In the quaint and charismatic neighbourhood of Woolloomooloo, meet the team and discover the local stories of time gone by. The warm hospitality may have you wanting to stay or return after the tour.
The finalè is your choice the ‘Best Gelato in Australia’ by the Good Food Guide. Freshen your palate and stroke your soul with a little sweet hit.
Nothing brings people together quite like food – The Gourmet Icons tour of Sydney is an ideal choice for visiting groups, cruise ships, conference spouse programs, corporate and social events.
On the Gourmet Icons tour, you will experience:
- Comfortable travel in a modern air-conditioned minivan, with an on board fridge to store your purchases throughout the tour
- Intriguing commentary, with your personalised guide, that reveals interesting stories of the area and explores why and how Sydney/Australia has come to be
- A delicious variety of fresh seafood and antipasto dishes, including olives, cheese, olive oil, bread and cured meats, created exclusively for our tour
- Eat a Harry’s Tiger Pie at the iconic Woolloomooloo venue
- A selection of over 40 different flavours of gelato or sorbet to chose from
- Sample three craft beer tastings presented and delivered by the publican himself
- Meet and enjoy chatting with real Sydneysiders
- Plenty of photo opportunities of iconic Sydney architecture and famous landmarks along the way
For the Gourmet Icons tour, please note:
- The itinerary can tailored to individual interests, budgets, and level of walking you would like.
- Pick up and drop off of all guests will be from your hotel, or chosen city location.
- Whilst you will be driven between venues, there is a small amount of walking.
- An alcohol free option is available on request.
Call (02) 9238 6888 and let US create the perfect tour just for you and your group.